Serves as a trusted adviser to the Partner and develops a mutually beneficial relationship in alignment with HPE business priorities. Drives end-to-end revenue, HPE profitability, and pipeline through joint business plans and data-driven sales efforts. Articulates both HPE global and local business strategies to effectively “sell with”, “sell to”, and “sell through” the Partner, creating a scalable selling ecosystem. Develops knowledge of Partner priorities, industry trends, IT landscape, IT investment strategy, HPE priorities, and HPE Technology to differentiate HPE from competitors. Coordinates and executes HPE activities with the Partner, leveraging HPE specialists when needed. Aligns field sales to drive increased value to HPE for pipeline and revenue/profit growth while leveraging the collective strength of the partner ecosystem. Leads HPE strategy, programs, and systems with and on behalf of the Partner to assure accelerated financial outcomes and build partner loyalty to HPE. These jobs focus on selling to customers through the Partner as an extension of HPE's salesforce, typically through work that occurs outside HPE offices.
- You will serve as a trusted advisor and expert to the Partner (e.g. Value Added Reseller (VAR), Distributor, SI, ISV, Managed Service Provider) on where to play within emerging trends in Partner's ecosystem in alignment with HPE business priorities. Works with the Partner to create a mutually beneficial plan for the future.
- You will drives end-to end HPE revenue, profitability, and pipeline by creating joint business plans and leading data-driven sales efforts with the Partner.
- You will articulate both HPE global and local business strategies to effectively """"sell with,"""" """"sell to,"""" and """"sell through"""" the Partner, creating a scalable selling ecosystem. Tailors solutions to influence the broader Partner ecosystem.
- You will develop thorough knowledge of partner priorities, industry trends, IT landscape, IT investment strategy, HPE priorities, and HPE Technology and communicates value of the portfolios and solutions to better differentiate HPE from competitors.
- You will demonstrate business and sales leadership by building mutually beneficial, executive-level relationships with one or many Partners to grow HPE market share.
- You will coordinate and executes HPE activities with the Partner, leveraging HPE specialists when needed, including sales cadence, education, marketing, executive briefings, proactive forecasting, business planning, and client engagements. Drives HPE marketing strategy through the customer.
- You will drive account mapping process with the Partner and HPE Sales teams to align field sales. Promotes increased value to HPE for pipeline and revenue/profit growth while leveraging the collective strength of the partner ecosystem.
- You will lead and implement HPE strategy, programs, and systems with and on behalf of the Partner to assure accelerated financial outcomes and build partner loyalty to HPE. Influences Partner to drive increased number of sellers, Solution Architects, and other Partner resources to HPE portfolio.
- You will tailor selling solutions to fit the needs of the partner's customer profile including HPE products, services and technology alliances to achieve assigned quota.
- You may recruit and develop business relationships with new partners, working to increase partner commitment to HPE.
- You may spend time monitoring Partner sales floor to help develop pipeline.
- You will work to ensure that partners are aware of, and compliant with, HPE's SBC requirements for Partners, including applicable legal obligations.
Education and Experience
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Typically 6-10+ years of selling experience at end-user account or partner level.
- Experience selling to partners in a complex environment.
Knowledge and Skills
- Technology Acumen: Thorough awareness of current technology trends and related HPE strategy and ability to articulate same to Partner.
- Sales Acumen: Able to influence the partner to take actions that create increased value to HPE. Effectively exercises selling skills such as identifying potential opportunities, utilizing appropriate sales platforms and resources, and formulating and proposing solutions with the goal of expanding HPE's business. Acts with a sense of urgency to build strong customer relationships and drive solutions for the partner.
- Account Management: Thorough understanding of business and financial fundamentals to develop strategic plans with the partner that are aligned to customer and HPE strategies, creating increased business opportunities and value for HPE.
- Portfolio Knowledge: Thorough understanding of HPE products and how they can deliver value to customers in contrast to HPE's competitors. Ability to select the best product for the customer's needs, maximizing value for both the customer and HPE. Trend-setter for new HPE products and initiatives, focusing on driving sales of newer, high-margin products and solutions to the customer.
- Partner Industry Acumen: Thorough understanding of Partner industry, trends, competitors, and the channel. Considered a subject matter expert for the Partner industry.
- Partnering Acumen: Builds understanding of and relationships with partner and internal community among all types and levels of the business, integrating sales engagement efforts. Thorough understanding of the Partner's relationships and needs.
- Negotiation and Conflict Management: Ability to achieve agreement within business contexts, and resolve issues so that every party is satisfied.
- Financial Acumen: Thorough understanding of financial accounting concepts such as income statements, balance sheets, revenue projections, etc. to assess customer financial health, identify potential risks, and position value propositions of HPE solutions.
- Sales Forecasting: Ability to look forward and anticipate partner needs, proactively forecasting sales quota and effectively bridging sales gaps.
- Communication: Professional, clear, and effective verbal and written communication.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize and effectively meet deadlines.
- Creativity and Entrepreneurship: Ability to innovate, think beyond proscribed solutions, and take proactive steps to advance HPE sales efforts.
- Responsible for accounts with a mid-level range of annual revenue.
- Assigned average or higher size quota.
- Primary focus for partner sales on SMB segment.
- Focus on partners with mid-level HPE specialization and commitment.