PresenceLearning is the leading provider of online speech and occupational therapy, behavioral and mental health services, and assessments for K-12 districts for children with special needs. We are dedicated to ensuring that all students in the preK-12 education system receive the special education related services they need to grow and thrive. We supply exceptional teletherapy tools for providers to serve and support students and schools. Founded in 2009, we are a growth stage company backed by Bain Capital’s Double Impact Fund, Catalyst Investors and New Markets Venture Fund. We currently have 150+ employees and 1,500 clinicians working in our network. We are a national company, headquartered in NYC, with the majority of our employees working remotely.
Why is this role important?
As a School Partnership Associate (SPA), you have the opportunity to impact the lives of children in a positive way. Our mission is to help children unlock their full potential by democratizing access to life-changing care. By opening up dialogue with school administrators, you will be able to discuss their challenges and show how online Special Education services have helped administrators fill gaps in service delivery.
What will you do at PresenceLearning?
- Make outbound calls to District-level administrators and School Superintendents to qualify leads.
- Qualify inbound leads.
- Conduct thoughtful research on target accounts in order to turn cold calls into warm calls.
- Using your creativity and excellent communication skills, initiate quality conversations with target accounts.
- Schedule qualified business meetings for your field sales representative.
- Collaborate with your field sales rep to develop a target account plan.
- Build and nurture relationships with district administrators using thoughtful messaging and resources
- Make on-site visits to school district offices to initiate conversations with Special Education administrators.
- Represent PresenceLearning at Special Education related meetings, conferences, and parent education events.
- Virtually deliver engaging presentations that allow schools and districts to gain a better understanding of how live, online therapy sessions are conducted.
- Average travel time is 50% per quarter.
What are we looking for?
- A passion for improving the lives of children and their families.
- A motivated self-starter who can master the art of managing the activities required to hit personal and company revenue goals.
- Creative in their approach to build the sales pipeline.
- An individual with a high-level of organization who follows up and follows through in a timely manner with prospects.
- Strong communication skills. You must be comfortable engaging in conversations both in person, on the phone and in front of groups.
- Excellent grammar and writing skills.
- Teamplayer: It’s critical that you execute a well developed success plan that is constructed and agreed upon by you and your account team.
- Metrics oriented: You understand what your daily, weekly and monthly activity must be in order for you to achieve personal goals.
- Objection handling doesn’t scare you. You prepare for and practice objection handling scenarios and use success stories to redirect the conversation.
- You will use the sales acceleration tools provided to improve productivity.
- Positive attitude and solution oriented.
- BA or MA in education is a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce/CRM tool and sales enablement tools is a plus.
- Must have a car as this role requires onsite visits and face to face meetings.
- Must have appropriate home office space, high-speed internet connection and cell phone reception.
You will do well here if:
- You display enthusiasm in all aspects of the position.
- You stay up to date with the Special Education space and seek ways to continue building knowledge and expertise.
- You invest in your skill set and seek opportunities to continue developing professionally
- You are focused and driven to meet and exceed goals
- You handle both wins and rejections with grace.
- You share best practices and challenges with your manager and team.
- You understand the power of listening and asking the right questions at the appropriate time.
- You are able to balance being competitive and collaborative
- You know how to build trust and customer satisfaction.
- A previous educator, coach, mentor, administrator who is looking to build a career in sales.
- This role is a remote opportunity and preferred location is based out of your home office in Portland, OR
- Occasional travel may be required (post-COVID) for meetings or conferences