GreenLight Fund is a national nonprofit that partners with communities to create opportunities for individuals and families to move out of poverty by matching needs with proven programs that drive results.
Deeply connected to local communities, we facilitate game-changing collaboration, break down barriers and build momentum so individuals and communities move forward, especially those historically impacted by systemic racial and economic inequities.
Each year, in each GreenLight site, we focus on identifying one, critical, unmet community need, and begin to take specific action against that to make real change. We identify and assess programs with successful track records of meeting a similar need elsewhere, and partner with the community to invite in and launch a program with the best local fit. GreenLight makes multi-year, catalytic investments in our portfolio organizations, galvanizes a community of support and facilitates ongoing collaboration to ensure impact. Our impact increases exponentially as we build a growing portfolio of best-in-class organizations making measurable progress each year–all across the GreenLight network.
Since its founding in 2004, GreenLight has become a national network of 11 sites and growing, successfully running the selection process and investing in and launching 39 proven programs thus far. GreenLight sites include Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Greater Newark, Philadelphia, San Francisco Bay Area, and the Twin Cities. GreenLight expects to expand to two additional sites between now and 2024. To learn more about the GreenLight Fund, please visit www.greenlightfund.org.
GreenLight Fund seeks a mission-driven, intellectually curious, and people-centered National Portfolio (NatPo) Data and Learning Manager to join our NatPo team, which supports GreenLight sites to effectively and efficiently execute the GreenLight Method, and creates and maintains systems and processes for continuous learning – from each other, from our portfolio organizations and from our communities. The NatPo team is led by the Vice President, National Portfolio and Learning, and includes three sub-teams: Model Design; Site Support and Network Learning.
The Data and Learning Manager will support equity-centered strategic learning with GreenLight’s national network of 11+ sites and our portfolio organizations. At the end of 2021, GreenLight engaged an external consultant to work with the NatPo Team and an internal cross-functional work group to establish the foundations of the Learning Function, and together they established the following Vision and Goals:
Vision: By 2024, equity-centered strategic learning is a core value at GreenLight, the organization has a strong understanding of both its current impact in communities and how to deepen that impact, and is effectively sharing knowledge and leveraging learning across the network.
- North Star: Organizational Strategy & Learning. Revamp the Theory of Change and logic model(s); develop network-wide learning plan and annual learning agenda grounded in equity and directly tied to organizational strategy and decision-making.
- Culture & Capacity: Strengthen staff capacity and equity-centered learning culture by establishing clear roles/responsibilities, building a cross-functional learning team, cultivating reflective practices and creating ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Systems & Processes: Strengthen systems and processes to: build, share and manage knowledge; collect, analyze and respond to data; institutionalize reflection and learning; and communicate learning internally and externally
The Data and Learning Manager will play an important role in advancing this vision and set of goals. The Data and Learning Manager will report to the Director of Learning, and will work collaboratively across the NatPo team and the GreenLight Fund national network.
Systems & Processes
- Manage and continuously improve GreenLight’s in-house program performance management system (currently Apricot), which contains all of our programmatic data, from due diligence on prospective portfolio organizations (prospective grantees) to annual data reported by our portfolio organizations (grantees)
- Work with site teams to regularly clean and update data and documentation in the program performance management system (currently Apricot)
- Lead communication with grantees and site teams around required annual data reporting and importation processes
- Develop and contribute to dashboards and other ongoing communications that translate data analysis and findings into content for multiple audiences, both internal and external
- Gather and analyze the quantitative and qualitative data drawn from our sites and portfolio organizations, and share the learning with stakeholders in alignment with our broader organizational Learning Plan
- Support national and site-level research analytics and data projects aligned with the broader GreenLight Learning Plan and emergent site-needs
- Support the Director of Learning with GreenLight’s systems and processes for building, sharing and managing knowledge within NatPo and across the network – ensuring above all that that key learning that GreenLight needs to transmit to the future is captured systematically
- Ensure documents and resources related to data, program performance management and learning are captured in the NatPo resource library and easily navigable for site staff
Organizational Strategy & Learning
- Work with the Director of Learning to ensure all GreenLight staff understand GreenLight’s Theory of Change, intended impact and the outcomes we are collectively working towards
- Support the Director of Learning to develop and continuously improve a multi-year, network-wide, equity-centered Strategic Learning Plan to ensure the organization is aligned around a core set of questions that need to be answered in alignment with GreenLight’s strategic plan, and has a clear sequence and process to reflect on and answer those questions
- Support the Director of Learning to facilitate an annual process for reflecting on progress and learning in the prior year and identify which priorities in the Learning Plan are or continue to be most relevant for the upcoming year
Culture & Capacity
- Support the Director of Learning to cultivate an equity-centered learning culture across NatPo and the entire GreenLight organization
- Partner with the Director of Learning and People Operations Team to ensure every staff member has the onboarding and ongoing learning and development (L&D) opportunities they need to engage in reflective practice, data use and equity-centered strategic learning
- Lead national and site-level staff onboarding, ongoing L&D and user support for the program performance management system (currently Apricot)
- Facilitate reflective practices throughout both new and existing meeting structures and ways of working across the GreenLight network
- Build the capacity of staff to use data and evidence by developing and presenting analyses and summaries that address complex questions and evidence in digestible, useful ways
National Portfolio Team
- Partner with the Director of Learning to cultivate and strengthen reflective practices within the NatPo team such that the team can model and collectively support the broader GreenLight network to integrate reflection and learning into their work
- Collaborate with the NatPo Model/Design team: provide data/feedback from portfolio orgs and communities to support continuous improvement of the GreenLight Method; ensure Case Studies connect to the Learning Plan and annual learning questions
- Coordinate with the NatPo Site Support team to sequence/plan annual portfolio data collection, other portfolio-facing learning activities and both internal and external communication about data/learning
- Co-lead planning, hiring, onboarding, and management of National Portfolio interns and fellows, as well as the alignment of interns and fellows across sites as needed
- Participate in cross-functional work groups and collaborate on special projects that advance key organizational priorities
- A minimum of three years of experience with data collection, use, analysis and reporting, social impact measurement, and working with nonprofit/social impact organizations;
- A deep commitment to removing barriers to inclusive prosperity so individuals and families can thrive, and an understanding of the challenges and inequities facing families living in low-income communities;
- Experience with reflective practice and using data/learning to improve practices and ways of working (with staff, our portfolio and communities);
- Outstanding research, writing and communication skills;
- Experience using programmatic performance management platforms (e.g. Apricot) and/or CRM databases (e.g. Salesforce) and Microsoft Excel;
- Clear knowledge of structuring data files for different purposes, including: analysis, visualization, creating codebooks, quality checks, etc.;
- Experience building effective data visualizations to explore hypotheses, monitor performance metrics, and present key analytic findings;
- Learning and analytic mindset – with the ability to integrate knowledge and learning and motivation to quickly get up to speed on current and future priority areas;
- Strong project and time management skills, able to prioritize and manage several projects concurrently;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams, and communities;
- Flexibility, humor, and a passion for GreenLight’s mission;
- Live in reasonable proximity to a GreenLight site: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Greater Newark, Philadelphia, San Francisco Bay Area, and the Twin Cities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience;
- Experience working with Theories of Change, Logic Models and Learning Agendas/Plans;
- Experience facilitating learning and providing technical assistance and capacity-building to staff/colleagues about data and learning, and explaining technical concepts/analyses to non-technical audiences;
- Experience with statistical data analysis (preferably R or Python for statistics), basic understanding of SQL (Structured Query Languages) and advanced spreadsheet skills, including statistical and analytic functions.
Applicants must live in reasonable proximity to a GreenLight site: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Cincinnati, Detroit, Kansas City, Greater Newark, Philadelphia, San Francisco, and the Twin Cities.
The salary range for this position is $75,000 - $80,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
GreenLight offers a generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, EAP, remote work assistance, and professional development.
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of this position at our website via www.greenlightfund.org/careers.
GreenLight Fund is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion at every level of the organization. GreenLight Fund recognizes and appreciates the value of building a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment. GreenLight Fund takes pride in being an equal opportunity employer regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental ability, race, region, sexual orientation or veteran status.
If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.