Job Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Reports to: Quality Manager
Hourly or salary: Salary
Position type/ expected hours: Full-time
This position is considered a working supervisory role with no authority for staff actions. This position is responsible for overseeing and monitoring the inspection of onsite manufactured product to ensure adherence to the established quality plans and working directly with the Calibration Lead to ensure inhouse calibrations are completed to their established plans in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Schedule the production flow through the CMM and requested production First Piece Inspections by coordinating these activities with Scheduling and the Operations Manager.
2. Review, suggest adjustments, and direct the actions of the established inspection planning.
3. Direct, develop, and optimize the CMM programs required by the inspection planning.
· Equipment/Software: Zeiss/Calypso Hexagon Tigo/PC-DMis
4. Review and Train the inspection team members to the developed inspection plans and methodology.
5. Assist production team on interpretation of product deviated from requirements.
6. Work with Quality Engineering to establish methods to evaluate the precision and accuracy of production equipment and measurement techniques. i.e. Capability studies, MSA
7. Apply statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
8. Document data obtained during all quality activities consistent with company policies and procedures.
9. Develop approaches to solve problems identified during quality activities.
10. Formally Communicate significant issues or developments identified during quality activities and provide recommended process solutions
11. Maintain a working knowledge of new inspection techniques and systems.
12. Direct and Complete Inhouse Calibrations that are scheduled by the Calibration Lead or Quality Manager.
1. Solid and effective interpersonal skills and refined communication and listening skills working with internal customers.
2. Attention to Detail
3. Multi-task: The skill to prioritize and complete multiple responsibilities
4. Problem Solve: The skill to analyze data and strategically apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a varying range of intellectual and practical problems
5. Capability to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents and provide feedback on what is required to meet the requirements of this documentation. GD&T, Aerospace Standards, Customer Specifications & Drawings
6. Solid understanding on the use of hand gaging instruments (Micrometers, calipers, indicators, depth micrometers, profilometers, height gages)
7. Ability to provide sound judgement and make decisions on data gathered to continually optimize product quality and production and management processes.
8. Willingness to learn different methods and systems and encourage and teach team members realized and applied skills.
9. Capability to work within a team and recognize when a teammate might need for you to shoulder more responsibility
10. Support team objectives and targets that support company goals and objectives.
11. Meet or exceed requirements for cost targets within functional areas.
12. Comply with the Quality Management System, Safety Practices, and Management Operating System documents relative to your department.
13. Oversee and comply with company rules and practices in compliance with the Employee Handbook.
14. Support and participate in Lean Manufacturing initiatives throughout the organization including but not limited to kaizen, OEE, Kanban, 6 Sigma, etc.
15. Comply with 5S housekeeping practices and maintain a clean, organized work environment.
16. Proficient with computers and production management software.
17. Associates degree (A.S.) from a technical school with 2 years of related job experience and/or training; or 5 years working in a technical supervisory role.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/Y7XWZmsPPlEoJtOANs8Oe5