Flipboard is the world’s first social magazine, designed to inform and inspire the world. Available on web, iOS, and Android, Flipboard offers the world important and influential articles, videos, podcasts and products shared by the greatest publishers and our vibrant Flipboard community to advance conversation, keep people informed, and inspire them to engage, learn, and lead.
Flipboard is seeking an Account Executive to develop our business with advertisers and their agencies in a full-time position. You will work with the world’s top advertisers to develop strategic and creative marketing solutions that help connect these brands to specific target audiences on the platform. The AE is relied on to drive the business to meet the objectives of marketers, helping them innovate in new and exciting ways.
The Flipboard team is currently working remotely. Join our team and work from the US or Canada.
Role & Responsibilities
- Grow advertising revenue for Flipboard as a direct seller with key clients and their agencies, across the U.S.
- Educate clients and their agencies on the mobile consumer experience and advertising/marketing opportunities that Flipboard offers
- Penetrate, influence, and persuade key account decision makers across client and agency organizations in a variety of roles, including digital media, strategy, mobile, social and content marketing
- Work closely with a Brand Planner and Account Manager on developing go-to-market and sustainable partnership strategies to surpass revenue goals
- This is an individual contributor role working remotely. Ideal candidates would have experience selling into top brands and agencies (can be based anywhere in the U.S.).
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-6 years experience in digital media sales, working directly with Fortune 500 companies, advertising agencies, and DTC brands
- A track record of demonstrating an ability to build and grow revenue
- Previous experience with mobile applications and mobile advertising
- Programmatic sales experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, start-up environment
- Strong attention to detail, with proficiencies in GSuite, Keynote, Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- A passion for Flipboard and our mission
- BA/BS degree
Benefits & Perks
Our benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance; flexible and generous "out of office time” for holidays, vacations, sick leave, relaxation and wellness, in addition to a mid-year and end of year break, totaling 10 days. We also offer an employee assistance program, plus eligibility to participate in pension (CAN) or 401k (US) plans with an employer contribution.
Why Join Flipboard?
- Our vision: At a time when society could really benefit from being more informed and inspired, we are enabling great stories to reach passionate communities around the world.
- Our team: Led by experienced CEO, Mike McCue, the Flipboard team is a positive, respectful, and diverse group of bright and highly capable people who work collaboratively with strong purpose and vision.
- Our culture: We value an environment and culture that encourages people's voices and perspectives to be heard. We believe that leveraging our team will lead us to create better products and services for all our users and partners. We value diverse backgrounds, beliefs and experiences of our team members, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all.
- Our value: We are fully funded and making steady, meaningful progress on a premium, high margin business within a $600B, highly strategic market. Our business model is tightly aligned with our values, our partners and our user experience which makes our company both valuable and unique.
- Our product: Millions of people truly love Flipboard and rely on it regularly. Flipboard is a standard bearer for great mobile design, innovation, and we deeply value craftsmanship.
- Our platform: Our platform selects the best content from thousands of publishers around the world, organizes it into highly personalized feeds, and presents it for further curation by the community. We are driven by hard technical challenges and we value pioneering new technology to continually increase the power, efficiency and scale of our platform.
Flipboard is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Flipboard is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected characteristics.