The Social Media Strategist will increase CRCL’s audience to help build awareness of coastal land loss and potential solutions; to generate participation in boots-on-the-ground restoration events; to promote the organization’s work; and to build brand awareness. Their primary mission will be to post often on our social media accounts, in a way that is creative and, if warranted, fun and engaging. Strategist will interact directly with other social media users as warranted and will have the overarching goal of simply getting more people aware of and supportive of our work. This position is in alignment with our organization’s 2020-2022 Strategic Plan, which establishes as organizational pillars engagement and advocacy, with strategies that include sharing CRCL’s message with a broader audience; providing opportunities for people to engage directly and indirectly in coastal restoration; developing individuals as coastal advocates; and activating support around key policy areas. The strategist will track metrics (follows, profile views, shares, etc.) to gauge success and will adjust efforts accordingly to maximize audience. Strategist will occasionally travel into the field to create content such as short videos, photos or material for social media posts that will serve to illustrate the problem of coastal land loss or our efforts to solve it.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• An interest in climate adaptation, coastal environments, climate justice, planning, wetland restoration, flood protection and/or a similarly relevant field.
• Applicant must be able to grasp basic ecological principles and be able to explain them to others.
• Creativity and positivity, along with a willingness to experiment and have fun with our social media.
• Ability (or willingness to learn) to create video and other media content.
• Enthusiasm – must have a desire to play a positive role within the community exhibiting the appropriate social and interpersonal skills.
• Self-motivation – the applicant must be comfortable working without constant supervision.
• Comfort working behind a computer screen in an office and out on the coast in the wetlands.
• Good communication skills (both verbal and written).
• Personable and comfortable interacting with the public.
• Detail orientated and able to manage time appropriately.
This is a Serve Louisiana sponsored position. For more details about this position, please visit https://www.crcl.org/employment-opportunities/