As the third-party administrator of the Flexible Housing Pool, the Center for Housing and Health (CHH) is charged with maintaining a portfolio of quality, readily accessible housing for program participants. The Flexible Housing Pool is a multisector investment in housing that aims to expand the number of units available to people in Chicago and Cook County experiencing homelessness.
The Youth Program Manager will coordinate the Flexible Housing Pool for homeless youth, ages 18-24 who are frequent users of health services, homeless shelters and legal/justice systems. This position will serve as the Center’s liaison to sub-contracted youth partner agencies providing permanent supportive housing and intensive case management. This position will offer direction to intensive case managers and supervisors about the implementation of the project’s policies and procedures and will have shared responsibility for the overall quality of services provided. The position also will be responsible for monitoring the housing stability, income maintenance, and health outcomes of program participants. CHH is a supporting organization of the AIDS Foundation Chicago.
The salary range for this role is $50,000 to $53,000.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management & Operations
- Collaborate and coordinate with other FHP Managers to ensure a smooth transition from outreach to housing placements for youths enrolled into the program
- Assign newly enrolled youths to subcontracted partner agency case managers
- Convene and facilitate bi-monthly Systems Integration Team (SIT) meetings where subcontracted partner case management agencies, Hospital Partners, and other integral agencies/organizations will communicate and work collaboratively in meeting tenants’ goals and desired housing and health outcomes
- Review and make decisions on tenant move requests
- Monitor partner agencies’ Client Assistance Funds utilization
- Serve as primary point of contact to project partners to support tenant needs and troubleshoot challenges
- Support the partner agencies to ensure youth participants are matched to appropriate housing and service options
- Upon hire, onboard new partner agency staff regarding program overview and operations, and the Case Worthy client-level database
- Ensure partner agency staff are trained on and deliver services from the program philosophies of Housing First, Harm Reduction; Client-Centered, and Trauma Informed Care
- Coordinate and collaborate with the city of Chicago’s Service Coordination and Navigation (SCaN) violence prevention program to ensure coordinated services for FHP youths
- Based on emerging tenant needs, research, identify, and introduce appropriate resources on behalf of and for the partner agencies case managers
- Coordinate the integration of the Individualize Placement & Support (IPS) employment program, and other workforce development programs, into the FHP by facilitating referrals and monitoring program outcomes.
Implement and Oversee Program Enhancements
- Stay abreast of best practices and trends from Chicago’s youth homelessness & housing system
- Lead the implementation of the Youth Learning Collaborative (YLC) recommendations with support from the FHP Senior Youth Program Manager and FHP Director
- Lead and/or coordinate recruitment, involvement, and development of FHP youths in the FHP Lived Experience Advisory Committee and/or agency Youth Action Boards
- Develop partnerships and connections with community organizations to expand services for FHP youth, including but not limited to employment programming, behavioral health supports, legal services, parenting resources, childcare resources, etc.
- Identify and implement appropriate assessment tools and programming for FHP youth heads-of-households with minor children
- Support partner agencies to connect to affordable housing and alternative subsidy resources to assist youths with “moving on” or “graduate” from the program
- Identify training needs for partner agencies related to youth-specific needs and develop an annual training plan
- Onboard new partner agencies during the expansion of the youth program
Quality Assurance and Reporting
- Ensure youth cohort outcomes (housing stability; increase income; improve health outcomes) are met
- Provide guidance and direction to partner agency case managers and supervisors about the implementation of the Flexible Housing Pool policies and procedures; promote cohesion of services across the program and ensure compliance with program policies, procedures and requirements; including data entry standards
- Collect, review and correct data to ensure accuracy for reports delivered to public and private funders
- Support Senior Program Manager with collecting data needed for disbursement reports
- Ensure timely data entry in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Create and disseminate weekly, monthly, quarterly, and/or ad hoc reports to the FHP Senior Manager, FHP Director, funders, and partner agencies
- Conduct annual site visits with FHP youth partner agencies
- Prepare for and participate in site visits from the city of Chicago’s Department of Family & Support Services
- Support Senior Program Manager in communication with hospital and Managed Care Organization care coordinators about project progress and participant outcomes
- Attend required conference/s, trainings (i.e., HMIS, system wide trainings, etc) and webinars
- Attend and participate in regularly scheduled agency meetings (i.e. All Staff, Housing Department, FHP Team; Program Oversight, etc.)
- Participate in monthly Partner Agency Supervisor Oversight meetings
- Participate in applicable system-level external committees, as necessary.
- Assist with agency-wide activities as directed, including Annual Meeting, AIDS Run & Walk, and others
- Protect organization's value and manage risk by keeping information confidential
- Perform other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or related field of study and 2 years’ experience or 5 years’ experience in Housing, Homelessness, Youth/Young Adult programming and/or Healthcare; or lived experience of homelessness.
- Master’s Degree Social Services, Healthcare, Public Health, Management and 2 years’ experience in Housing, Homelessness, Youth/Young Adult programming, and/or Healthcare; or lived experience of homelessness.
- Master’s Degree in Social Services, Public Health, Psychology or related field
- 3 or more years’ experience in Housing, Homelessness, and/or Healthcare with a focus on Youth/Young Adults
- 3-5 Years’ Supervisory experience and/or Program Management experience
- 2-4 years experience/involvement with community partnerships
- Demonstrated proficiency in data collection & monitoring
- Lived experience of homelessness
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Basic knowledge of youth homelessness and supportive housing practices
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to build and maintain community relationships
- Good written and verbal communication skills; Meeting facilitation skills
- Solid conflict resolution skills
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment is representative of that found in a general office environment. Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 10 pounds.) Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and on the telephone.
Occasional travel within the city of Chicago and Cook County suburbs.