Arista Networks is looking for world-class Software Test Engineers to help us in building the highest quality networking products you can buy. At Arista, you’ll spend your time embedded deeply into our development teams, working side by side with the developers, helping us to explore, find and fix our bugs before they can reach our customers. You will NOT spend your time running manual regressions of mind numbing, 1000 page test plans, because Arista’s developers automate all the basic functional and integration tests. Instead, you’ll bring your intelligence, creativity, and drive to work every day to help us understand how our products are going to be used by our customers and to make sure that they’re going to work every time. Your job is to find the hard bugs, the ones not easily exposed by the developers’ automated unit and product level tests.
- Use every means possible to find the bugs in the software and/or hardware being developed by your team.
- Write test plans to validate Arista features and products.
- Design test network topologies to validate functionality, performance, stability and scalability of features and products.
- Execute test plans to verify all aspects of the product. Identify defects and validate resolution.
- Work as an agile member of a combined development and test team, running in short cycles to develop functional software in quick iterations.
- Work with the developers on your team in creating their plans for automated tests to complement the exploratory testing that you perform. Be the testing expert for your team.
- Participate in functional specification and software design reviews held by your team and provide customer centric input.
- Proven expertise in creating test methodologies and writing test plans.
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Ethernet, RSTP/ MSTP, VLANs, IP Routing, TCP/IP, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, IGMP, PIM SM/ SSM, QoS, L2-L3 protocols, Platform validation, HA, QOS, network management.
- Experience with IXIA and/or Spirent test tools desired
- Familiarity with test automation tools and scripting languages desired
- Familiarity with networking hardware (switches, servers, cables, optics or NICs) preferred.
- BS CS/CE/EE plus 3+ years of experience. MS degree preferred
- Strong communication skills.
- CCIE certification a plus.
The new hire base pay for this role has a salary range of $110,000 to $185,000. The actual salary offered will be based on a wide range of factors, including skills, qualifications, relevant experience, and US location. The salary range provided reflects the base salary and in addition may also be eligible for discretionary Arista bonuses, commissions, equity, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, well-being, tax savings, and income protection.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.