PSAB: Engineering Assistant (Secret Clearance)
Title: PSAB: Engineering Assistant
• Location: Al Kharj Saudi Arabia
• Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
• Clearance Type: Active Secret Clearance Required
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Project Work Planner
• Managed ongoing civil engineering construction inspections, design, drafting, surveying, and contract surveillance to support Air Force facility construction and maintenance programs.
• Prepare manual and Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
• Develop, operated, and maintained Geographic Information System (GIS) modules
• Collaborating with other engineers and workers to design, develop, test, and improve products and engineering processes.
• Support inspection of ongoing Construction projects at needed up to including absence of Construction Inspector.
• Producing CAD drawings according to specifications.
• Calibrating and troubleshooting designing equipment as necessary.
• Facilitate map request as required by respective customer along with maintaining updated designs as the site changes
• Escort OCN personnel from Control Centers to work locations while monitoring repairs are IAW with CES performance standards.
• Contributes to forecasts and disbursements by performing schedule analysis.
• Displays core competencies by analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures while developing advanced skills.
• Performs other duties while supporting Architectural and Engineering (A&E) as assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
• May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
• Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
• Work will be indoors and outdoors.
• Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
• Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
• Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
• Task specific work environment training maybe provided. Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
• Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
• Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
• Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
• Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
• Skills required for this job are typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree and 2+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
• Completion of USAF 3E5 AFSC Engineering Air Force Engineering Specialist, USAF 3E6 AFSC OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT school or another equivalent DOD course HIGHLY Desired.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's License.
• Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
• Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
• Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-16 theater requirements.