Arista Networks was founded to pioneer and deliver software driven cloud networking solutions for large data center storage and computing environments. Arista’s award-winning platforms, ranging in Ethernet speeds from 10 to 400 gigabits per second, redefine scalability, agility and resilience. Arista has shipped more than 20 million cloud networking ports worldwide with CloudVision and EOS, an advanced network operating system. Committed to open standards, Arista is a founding member of the 25/50GbE consortium. Arista Networks products are available worldwide directly and through partners.
Additional information and resources can be found at:
Arista Networks is seeking high-caliber Solution test engineers.
The key role of the Solution test group is to ensure the quality of Arista’s products through System test type testing of large, complex and feature rich end-to-end environments focusing on key technologies as well as emulating Arista’s most important and strategic customers networks by:
- researching technologies, features and customer environments in order to come up with the right topologies to test
- exercising extensive feature interaction and identifying potential breakage areas
- exhaustive testing focusing on realistic use cases, scale and performance
- Collaborate with various stakeholders from the development, sales and other test teams to understand requirements and expectations
- Plan the building of, or add to the existing network topology required to test the use cases
- Configure hardware, features, traffic generators and other tools to emulate the required environment
- Execute exhaustive testplan, focusing on potential weaker areas, performance and realistic scale
- Troubleshoot failures and performance shortcomings and work with the development team on reproduction, root cause analysis, fix verification and bug/limitation documentation
- Communicate and present results to various stakeholders while providing feedback and recommendations on potential design and performance improvements
- Interact with sales team and customers to answer questions, handle ad-hoc requests and run small demos
- Collaborate with peers to cross-train on new technologies and improve team effectiveness
- Help the TAC team with escalations reproductions efforts when needed
- Masters degree in telecommunications, computer engineering, computer networking
- 3+ years of experience in a System test or Solution test role, handling complex end-to-end environments.
- Highly detailed working knowledge of layer 2 and layer 3 technologies such as IP forwarding, IP multicast, OSPF, BGP, VXLAN, MPLS, eVPN, ECMP, VRRP, STP, RSTP, MST, PVST+, Ethernet link aggregation, LACP, etc
- Detailed working knowledge of layer-2/3-switch administration, including industry-standard CLI and SNMP interfaces
- Familiarity with Linux tools such as ping, traceroute, tcpdump, ifconfig, ip link, ip route, arp, /proc/net, /proc/sys/net, vmstat, netstat, ttcp, iperf, and strace
- Some familiarity with scripting languages such as Python or TCL
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong drive to improve quality and curiosity to learn new technologies
- Able to operate with a high degree of independence, driven by an internal desire to succeed at the challenge of breaking our products
The new hire base pay for this role has a pay range of $130,000 to $187,000. Arista offers different pay ranges based on work location, so that we can offer consistent and competitive pay appropriate to the market. The actual base pay offered will be based on a wide range of factors, including skills, qualifications, relevant experience, and work location.
The pay range provided reflects base pay only and in addition certain roles may also be eligible for discretionary Arista bonuses and equity. US-based employees are also entitled to benefits including medical, dental, vision, wellbeing, tax savings and income protection. The recruiting team can share more details during the hiring process specific to the role and location.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.