Are you ready to directly impact the lives of first-generation college students and champion economic mobility for all?
Did you know that only 21% of low income, first-generation students in the U.S. graduate from college within six years? Those who do graduate have a median household income 27% lower than their peers. While there are a multitude of college access programs for high school seniors and job assistance programs for low-wage earners, there are few programs that ensure first-generation students stay in school and build the skills necessary to prepare for long-term careers. This is where America Needs You (ANY) comes in.
ANY fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation college students by providing transformative mentorship and intensive career development. Founded in 2009 and headquartered in New York City, ANY expanded to New Jersey in 2012, Illinois in 2015, and California in 2016, growing from serving 50 students to nearly 600 students annually. In 2021, ANY launched FirstGenU, a new virtual program designed to help 10,000 first-generation college students navigate their careers. Visit www.americaneedsyou.org to learn more.
ANY is currently seeking a dedicated and organized Program Operations Associate to support the National Director of Program Operations in the implementation of our Fellows Program in NY/NJ/IL/CA. This position provides critical day-to-day administration and project management to all components of the national program operations including internships, transfer, partnerships, and new e-learning initiatives. The Program Operations Associate reports directly to ANY’s National Director of Program Operations and supports the national program operations team.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Is committed to ANY's mission of supporting ambitious, first-generation college students
- Is excited about supporting a large program operation hands-on
- Is passionate about project management and operational efficiency
- A warm, collaborative work environment with a rich culture of support and feedback
- A generous benefits package (health/dental insurance, 403(b), FSA, three weeks vacation, etc.)
- Ongoing internal and external opportunities for professional development
- Connections to a large, high-powered professional network
- Provide day-to-day assistance to the national program operations team and directly support the National Director of Program Operations to deliver ANY’s Fellows program in four states
- Streamline and manage the internship database and its structure, including national partnership sourced internships
- Track national partner opportunities and monitor national partner dashboards; track and remind local sites about upcoming internships deadlines, and report on their progress to ensure applications
- Review qualifications/requirements against ANY Fellow qualifications and ensure we share accurate information and relevant opportunities with our sites serving Fellows
- Use national dashboard to track, report and support internship outcomes monthly, to help teams make data driven decisions about internship support and case management
- Manage Internship Support calendar and co-leads Case Support Training meeting
- Manage Fellow professional development grant distribution, including creating and distributing Salesforce reports, training staff on policies and procedures and troubleshooting questions from staff and Fellows
- Support the revision and creation of all internship outcome protocols and templates
- Provide day to day support and administer ANY’s Learning Management System – Canvas
- Coordinate all career day logistics and collaborate with relevant staff to lead the content and run of day for the event
- Support ANY’s new FirstGenU program by providing administrative support in all aspects of the program
- Prepare materials and communication for FirstGenU partnership meetings, support enrollment and conduct participant/data tracking
- Other duties as determined by ANY
- Between 1-3 years of experience, preferably in career counseling or a related field
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Strong project management skills and prior experience preferred
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
America Needs You offers a competitive salary and benefits package. ANY employees receive ample vacation time and the opportunity to work with a talented team on projects that have a real impact in their community.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Program Operations Associate - Last_Name, First_Name). Please note that your application will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls please.