California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
California Institute of Integral Studies seeks a personable, enthusiastic, and poised admissions counselor to recruit and advise prospective students about academic programs, entrance requirements, the application process, and scholarships for designated programs. The admissions counselor develops in-depth knowledge about assigned programs and is involved with all aspects of outreach and recruitment to enroll students at CIIS. Working in collaboration with the admissions team, the counselor maintains current knowledge of CIIS admissions policies and procedures, as well as academic programs, and ensures that they are consistently applied. The best fit candidate will also show creativity, flexibility, and ingenuity in identifying opportunities for outreach and adapting to new technologies and the needs of candidates for admission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts outreach (e.g. recruitment fairs, community college visits, and community events), assisting in the coordination of Information Sessions, Open Houses and following through on and contributing to program-specific recruitment plans.
- Monitors the inquiry and applicant pools for assigned programs, and monitors progress toward recruitment goals, suggesting adjustments in recruitment activities and plans as appropriate.
- Responds to first-time inquiries in a timely, informed, and personable manner and systematically and consistently nourishes the relationship with inquirers expressing program interest.
- Assists in the maintenance and review of applicant files for the program, following up with applicants about their status at regular intervals.
- Stays abreast of curricular changes and academic program events and activities.
- Contributes to the yearly planning and evaluation of program recruitment initiatives.
- Identifies admissions activities and strategies for developing and enhancing prospective student pools.
- Represents the university in a professional and personable manner in a variety of settings, both on campus and throughout the country at recruitment events.
- Counsels prospective students about admissions, academic programs, and student life at CIIS.
- Assists with data entry and application processing of inquiry/applicant files.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- B.A. from a regionally-accredited college or university required; M.A. preferred.
- Demonstrated outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Commitment to articulating and supporting the mission, vision, and values of the university.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, diverse environment and to develop good working relations and collaborate with diverse people.
- Ability to balance risk-taking and flexibility with adherence to campus policies and ethical standards.
- Availability to travel during the week and on weekends, particularly during extended fall recruitment season to various Bay Area campuses and nationwide.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends for recruitment events.
- Valid driver's license and access to functioning car with valid insurance required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday, with scheduling changes for events and travel, with day and overnight travel during the fall recruitment season or at other times of the year for conferences and events.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.