The Product Manager II will define and manage a set of products or a product family for the company. This position is responsible for managing the management of a specific set of services in support of the business and wholesale market needs. This individual is responsible for product growth strategy and portfolio planning including forecasting, and assuming product management from the product development team once products are launched - working very closely with product development teams who manage product launches
Performs job duties consistent within safety, legal, and regulatory requirements; company standards, culture and business practices. Acts with the highest level of business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Own product responsibilities, ensuring products and enhancements are developed, implemented and managed on an ongoing basis.
- Build product propositions, promotions, and programs through an assessment and analysis of internal customer data, KPIs, and competitor/industry research
- Focus on the features and functionality of the product(s) as well as the pricing, sales channels, marketing , and general performance.
- Manage product P&L’s with special focus on improving product margins through revenue/pricing changes and COGS management.
- Identify inefficient product processes, and overhaul or modify to improve results
- Develop product road maps and manage existing product lifecycles, insuring smooth transition from the new product cycle to the ongoing management by the product management team.
- Monitor and assess impact of market, technology, product and competitive trends and incorporate into product roadmaps, product positioning, portfolio plans and related activities.
- Monitor end user feedback through regular interaction with end users, channel partners and sales personnel.
- Manage the business case development of these products with a particular focus on projected product and segment level gross margins.
- Own and drive the definition of product specifications and user experience, establish milestones and priorities, and work with technical project management to shepherd the development, implementation and launch of all products & features.
- Use primary and secondary research to identify key consumer needs, define target segments, and determine product feature enhancement and direction.
- Conduct competitive analysis responsible for overseeing and owning all product related communication across the business.
- Monitor the competitive landscape with the marketing teams and position FairPoint’s products and features accordingly.
- Identify and analyze a variety of KPIs as well as use user experience feedback and other applicable learnings to measure product performance.
- Work with Sales and Business development to analyze potential partnerships and opportunities with third-party vendors.
- Communicate product strategy status and all product issues to key stakeholders across the FairPoint organization.
- Work with engineering, operations, marketing, business intelligence, management and external partners on a daily basis to achieve product goals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent leadership, verbal & written communication and presentation skills
- Industry – Knowledge of telecommunications, technology, marketplace
- Company Type – Worked in competitive environments in both large and small companies successfully
- Customer- business customer understanding, preference to business owner, IT audience and IT vendors supporting business owners
- Quick and solution oriented, high energy and positive
- Execution focused, large capacity for multiple tasks, projects, and stakeholders
- Stay in tune with sales, market place, competition and industry next steps
- Solid business skills including writing, presentations, analysis and program development
- Sales as my customer marketing focus and temperament
- Understanding of the basic framework – customer, competition, costs, price, profit, plan development
- Articulate and clear on vision, direction and programs, exceptional communicator
- Strong understanding of the business and customer,
- Leads through roadblocks to drive solutions, while bringing teams together internal and external to marketing
- Delegates and manages team members – direct reports and cross functional
- Advocate and spokesperson for the company, expert to help the company, customer, sales team move
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Access
- Strong analytical, forecasting and financial planning skills
Required Education & Experience:
In order to accomplish the essential duties of this position, a bachelor’s degree and/or 10+ years or work experience is required (commiserate experience). MBA is preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, and the work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work environment is primarily that of an office setting, with occasional travel - up to 50%
FairPoint Communications reserves the right to change or revise duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This document is not a written or implied contract of employment.
FairPoint Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply online at: