Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As one of the nation’s premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. We depend on the many generous contributions of time, blood, and money from the American public to support our lifesaving services and programs. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity.
Will consider qualified Internal Employees who are remote.
The Corporate Programs unit is the central office through which high quality, consistent fundraising programs and platforms are created that reflect the organization’s fundable strategic opportunities. It is also the primary office though which corporate strategy is developed to maximize fundraising locally, regionally, nationally and globally.
To support corporate fundraising and deliver value to fundraising relationship managers, The Senior Officer for Corporate Fundraising Strategy will facilitate the development of multi-program, custom or complex fundraising strategies and proposals for corporate major gifts. The Senior Officer will also serve as a fundraising program manager for major gift corporate fundraising programs. The Senior Officer will serve as an organizational expert on corporate fundraising and drive towards the national corporate fundraising target. Experience in corporate fundraising is necessary. Experience with cause marketing, in-kind donations and workplace giving preferred.
- Supports a defined list of complex account fundraisers with a focus on upsells and/or bundling
- Facilitate monthly division philanthropy officer cohort calls and participate as needed in monthly corporate RPO cohort calls
- Support top markets that may need extra help to achieve their corporate revenue targets.
Leads the successful development, execution, monitoring and evaluation of major gift fundraising packages.
- Serves as an organizational and subject matter expert corporate giving.
- Delivers in-person and virtual training
- Works with donors as needed to facilitate giving and execute benefits to meet fundraising goals.
- Works closely with corporate fundraisers and internal program owners to maximize the fundraising opportunity.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in Communications, Business, Logistics Management, Organizational Development or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years related experience working with a nonprofit in fundraising, marketing, logistics and/or program management.
- Experience with corporate fundraising principles and techniques.
- A high degree of organizational, analytical and project management skills, including ability to anticipate risks, analyze and manage data, problem solve, and develop strategic and creative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, prioritize, articulate, and execute strategies in a complex and changing environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation and negotiation.
- Motivation, strong initiative and ability to foster collaboration across multiple teams. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple perspectives to achieve program goals.
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Ability to perform and thrive under pressure in a rapidly changing and multidimensional environment.
- Strong customer service orientation is necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is required and with Salesforce is desired.
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs.
- Willingness to work outside standard established business hours, and up to 20% of business travel, are required. This is mostly driven by disaster activity.
- Passion for the mission of the American Red Cross.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights