As an employee at the American Red Cross, you could be on the front lines making a positive impact on our community. You could provide your services directly to the American public or support to the people who do. Both roles help further the mission of the Red Cross. Join our non-profit organization, where your heart and mind go to work!
We are currently seeking an Executive Coordinator to work in our Princeton, NJ location.
The Executive Coordinator coordinates the office activities and provides advanced administrative support activities of one or more executives as related to communications, calendar management, graphical presentations, meetings and project support. Provides support of diverse, confidential administrative and analytical support activities.
Specific Responsibilities include: providing administrative support to the CEO (60%) and the Chief Development Officer (40%); manage CEO's correspondence; calendar and travel management; meeting set-up; delegate work to volunteers; produce and edit documents; review and manage expense reports; record meeting minutes; maintain office supplies.
1. Communicates and handles incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Chapter executive.
2. Communicates with all levels of management and staff to identify, research, analyze and resolve complex issues.
3. Responds to complex inquiries concerning organization policies and procedures.
4. Prepares complex correspondence, reports, studies, forms and documents for executive. Distributes documents.
5. Provides support for various projects initiated by Chapter executive; may include monitoring progress.
6. Researches, compiles and prepares data for Executive studies, reports and recommendations.
7. Manages frequently changing calendars, schedules and coordinates meetings.
8. May assist in monitoring budget.
9. Represents executive office with discretion and in a professional manner. Handles confidential information.
10. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross Staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
11. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
Education: Associate’s degree or combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience in supporting senior executives or board members.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to determine priorities/organize tasks while working with parallel projects/multiple deadlines. History of building strong internal and external working relationships; evidence of tact and integrity in dealing with others. Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs, seek out relevant information and provide appropriate and timely response. Maintains a high degree of confidentiality. Supply management. Bilingual helpful.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: Will involve occasional travel in the field.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights