Research Associate I
Mapp Biopharmaceutical is a small biopharmaceutical company focused on addressing unmet medical needs through the development of life-saving monoclonal antibody treatment options to combat a variety of neglected and tropical infectious diseases. The Early Research and Development Group (ERDG) at Mapp Biopharmaceutical is responsible for isolating novel antibodies that may be used in future drug products. The Research Associate is responsible for performing general laboratory duties as well as supporting ERDG laboratory personnel in meeting their research objectives.
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent in a scientific discipline
- A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a research laboratory
- Conceptual understanding of biological research related activities
- Excellent aseptic technique for cell culture
- Experience with a variety of cloning techniques (InFusion or Gibson systems, restriction enzyme digestion and ligation, site-directed mutagenesis)
- Previous experience expressing and purifying recombinant proteins
- Demonstrated excellence in the following competency areas:
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and curiosity
- Strong desire to learn new laboratory skills
- Demonstrated skill in the following areas:
- Maintains notebooks, databases, and physical banks of all pertinent contributions
- Ability to work independently and effectively troubleshoot experimental strategies in the laboratory
- Good general laboratory skills: accurate data collection, analysis, and familiarity with molarity calculations and buffer formulation
- Prior experience operating an AKTA FPLC (Pure or Avant)
- Prior experience generating stable cell lines for protein expression
- Prior experience in antibody purification
- Performs molecular biology-related tasks including bacterial culture, DNA purification and quantification, expression plasmid cloning and sequence verification
- Performs mammalian cell culture
- Performs basic protein analysis assays (SDS-PAGE, ELISA, Octet etc.) and troubleshooting
- Performs protein purification on an AKTA FPLC using a variety of columns (affinity, SEC, IEX)
- Participates in the development of in vitro and cell-based assays to characterize the biological activity of antibodies and antigens
- Prepares reagents and buffers
Mapp offers a competitive compensation and benefits package in addition to this exciting and challenging job. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and rewarding environment in San Diego, CA. Mapp wants you to join their team and invites you to apply.
No Solicitors, agents or placement agencies please. Mapp utilizes E-Verify.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability/Vets Employer - Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.