The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Systems Analyst to join an excellent team, support key application development projects and work to advance their IT operations.
This position falls under the Classification Information Systems Specialist 7.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Systems Analyst, you will provide expert-level in-depth support, architectural and testing guidance for technically sophisticated computer software and data systems that are foundational to the ongoing operation of large scale, mission critical computer systems within the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Department of Human Services (DHS).
In this role, you will analyze and resolve technical problems in the areas of customer assistance, operational maintenance and construction. The customer base served includes technically sophisticated end-users, software vendors and suppliers, systems programmers, technical contractors, system management staff and various other systems operation staff.
Additionally, you will provide information system services to facilitate the proper functioning of the various programs and daily operations. You will support the agency’s mission and program objectives through timely and accurate issuance of benefits, including but not limited to cash, food stamps, child support, provider pay, and medical by ensuring maximum availability of systems to end users. You will also work with other system Team Leads and/or managers responsible for coordinating one or more projects while developing work schedules and priorities for multiple assignments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Four (4) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of information systems experience in Systems Analysis. OR (d) A Master's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Data analysis and reporting skills including aggregating data from disparate sources and using it to inform data driven decisions.
- Ability to use modern intelligence tools such as Power BI to interpret data.
- Significant knowledge of system analysis and reporting is required in this position. Experience using analytic tools to build, monitor, and advise on system performance and outages is highly desired. Senior-level knowledge of IT systems design and architecture is required to support a complex conglomeration of interconnected systems supporting assistance programs across Oregon.
- The person in this position should have extensive knowledge the concepts, methodologies, techniques and tools of system development and/or software testing. This includes selecting and adapting, where necessary, appropriate tools and support methodologies for use by their team. The incumbent in this position will participate in the advancement of systems delivery concepts, methodologies, techniques and tools.
- The system development environment has a mix of database management systems and distributed data with remote input and manipulation, multiple remote locations, a mixture of IS standards and a significant amount of expansion or change to existing business processes.
- The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work with and facilitate diverse groups and individuals. This includes the ability to prioritize workloads and the ability to analyze complex procedures, processes and polices. Basic project management knowledge is expected.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required. The person in this position must have experience coordinating projects with other Information Systems professionals, and in writing documentation according to established standards. This position requires the ability to use current generation personal computers with the flexibility to use and learn applications necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- This position requires competency in technical project management to prioritize project dependencies, identify high-risk work, develop technical risk and mitigation plans, and communicate schedule impacts to a broad audience of both business and technical stakeholders.
- In depth expertise in application support, development, programming, testing and/or database administration using one or more of the following technologies: Cloud native development, DevOps, Iaas/PaaS/SaaS/LaaS solutions, .Net, configuration management tools, and/or other cloud computing platforms. Expertise should include interfacing with legacy technologies such as: AIX,PowerBuilder, Mobilink, Mainframe/COBOL, DB2 z/OS and LUW, SQL server, Sybase, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), in support of complex customer requirements is essential.
- This position requires experience in the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC)methodology and experience estimating resources and schedules for complex system development efforts.This position will work with technical managers to ensure the SDLC processes are being followed and to track deliverables such as technical code reviews and technical documentation reviews.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by SEIU.
The Oregon Health Authority is committed to developing and promoting culturally and linguistically appropriate programs and a diverse and inclusive workforce representing the diversity, culture, strengths and values of the people of Oregon. Click here, to learn more about OHA’s mission, vision and core values. OHA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, genetic information or any other protected class under state or federal law.
Systems Analysis - IT, Software-Web Development, General-Other: IT-Software Development, Other