At TED we seek to bridge, include, diversify because we truly believe ideas are for everyone. It is important to us to attract individuals from diverse backgrounds who are curious about the world and interested in helping us spread ideas far and wide.
The TED Media team is responsible for getting TED Talks seen and heard well beyond the stage by leveraging a diverse set of functions including: video production, new content development, brand creative services, audience development, marketing, editorial, language translations and content licensing and distribution. Between our critically acclaimed, award-winning sites and apps and highly engaged audiences on YouTube, LinkedIn, Spotify, Apple and other platforms, our content is streamed and listened to well over 3 billion times annually. We pride ourselves on working collaboratively across teams and functions to develop innovative solutions in support of our mission of “Ideas Worth Spreading.”
The Media Team Executive Assistant / Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the administrative and operational needs of TED’s Media department, under the direct supervision of the Head of Media. Tasks include providing executive support for the Head of Media; planning and executing departmental meetings; supporting budget planning and tracking; workflow and process optimization and light research and writing assignments.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic and collaborative work environment; demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style; and has exceptional communication, writing and organizational skills. Experience working with project management tools, databases and spreadsheets preferred, and some prior executive assistant experience is a must.
The role is roughly 60% operational, 40% administrative, with opportunity for growth into a full-time operational role in time.
- Manage a tightly packed and constantly changing daily schedule of meetings, interviews, and calls in order to optimize the HOM’s time, continuously looking for ways to create efficiency and ease
- Support HOM in planning and executing senior team off-sites, including agenda-setting, finding venue and planning activities
- Provide budget planning support, including managing budget documents and interfacing with accounting and finance departments to maintain up-to-date records
- Create Keynote presentations
- Oversee on-boarding of new Media team members in coordination with HR/admin department
- Oversee and plan annual department-level meetings, all-hands and key communications
- Manage and reconcile expense reports for HOM
- Manage HOM travel logistics and hotel accommodations
- Attend Coordinator meetings on behalf of Media department
- Work with Office Manager and other Coordinators on org-wide initiatives
- Provide create/production support on select special projects
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in a coordinator or EA role
- Thrives in a dynamic and passionate work environment
- Demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently to things as they happen
- Finds joy in detail, administrative tasks, efficiency, logistics, quality, and media production.
- Exceptional communication, writing and organizational skills
- Fluency with Slack, BlueJeans, Zoom, Google Suite, Microsoft Suite; experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Strong Keynote/Powerpoint skills
- Naturally inquisitive and analytical
- Some experience with standard digital measurement tools: e.g. Google Analytics, etc.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and self-sufficient
- Capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Able to execute tasks with minimal guidance
- Willingness to contribute however possible to ensure overall effectiveness of position
- Basic bookkeeping, expense reports, and credit card statement processing experience
- Able to work in a startup-like environment, where everyone wears multiples hats and priorities regularly shift
- Passionate about TED's mission
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, vision) 100% paid by TED for employees
- Paid family leave
- Work-life balance encouraged (TED closes for a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break plus you're eligible for additional paid time off)
- Free OneMedical and SpringHealth membership for you and your dependents to address physical and mental well-being
- 401k with match