Finance and Operations Associate
Engaging Schools seeks an experienced professional to support finance and administration functions, administer product fulfillment and inventory, and facilitate smooth operation of the Cambridge office.
Engaging Schools is a national non-profit organization that envisions school communities where all adults support each and every student to strengthen the skills and mindsets needed to thrive and make positive contributions in school, work, and life. To achieve this, we collaborate with educators to create equitable and engaging classrooms and schools that support students’ academic, social, and emotional learning and development.
Our organization is dedicated to building an antiracist and inclusive culture and an increasingly diverse staff. We are supporting change and working to dismantle systemic racism in the districts with whom we partner. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse racial and cultural backgrounds.
- Administers accounts payable, coordinates payroll, assists with quarterly close and preparation for annual audit.
- Manages online store, order fulfillment and customer service, assists with marketing, and monitors inventory.
- Processes service logs for per diem employees, prepares and sends quarterly invoices for professional services, monitors aging invoices, and follows up as needed.
- Processes incoming donations and donor correspondence in coordination with director of development; ensures adequate supply of fundraising materials and distributes as needed.
- Supports staff hiring process and commitment to diversity, including ad placement, receipt of applications, interview scheduling, and onboarding.
- Coordinates work study, intern, and volunteer program, including recruitment and assignment of work study students.
- Maintains Cambridge office, orders supplies, coordinates repairs with building management, and ensures staff have all resources necessary to work effectively.
- Receives and directs all incoming communications, distributes incoming mail, coordinates shipping and delivery, and assists visitors to the office.
- Provides general administrative support for all departments, helps to meet urgent needs such as proofreading, assembling mailings, coordinating logistics for travel, meetings, celebrations, and events.
- A commitment to the mission of Engaging Schools
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- 2-3 years’ experience with general accounting, including billing and accounts receivable
- Strong math and computer skills and expertise with MS Office, especially Excel
- Working knowledge and experience with current office technology
- Ability to adopt new technologies quickly and effectively
- Strong verbal and written communications; excellent customer service skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and set priorities efficiently
- Effective decision-making and analytical skills; ability to develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Experience with accounting software, knowledge of MAS 90 a plus
- Experience with inventory management and order fulfillment a plus
This is a full-time position based in the Cambridge, MA office four days/week, with remote option for one day/week.
Office Perks: Mission-driven organization with friendly and supportive staff, Harvard Square location, work with Harvard Graduate School of Education students, and collaborative work environment.
Compensation: Competitive salary and generous benefits package
Send cover letter and résumé, and complete application questions at: https://engaging-schools.hiringthing.com/job/281278/finance-and-operations-associate
Deadline for applications: July 28, 2021
Administrative Support, Office Management, General-Other: Administrative-Clerical, Filing-Records Management, Editing & Proofreading