PresenceLearning is the leading provider of online speech and occupational therapy, behavioral and mental health services, and assessments for K-12 districts for children with special needs. Through our nationwide network of clinicians, PL helps school districts to support their onsite special education teams, and to ensure that every student in need receives the therapy and other services that are essential for their success in school. Founded in 2009, we are a growth stage company backed by Bain Capital’s Double Impact Fund, Catalyst Investors, New Markets Venture Fund, and more. We currently have 150+ employees and 1,500 clinicians working in our network. We are a national company, headquartered in NYC, with additional offices in SF and SLC, and remote employees working nationwide.
Why is this role important?
Our QA engineers are responsible for ensuring that the product works well for our users--we think of ourselves as user proxies. Doing QA at PL is more than verifying functional requirements and writing up test results. It involves providing an objective perspective to the work at hand, which means being a member of a collaborative team of developers, product managers, and designers, all of whom are working to make the service PresenceLearning provides a positive experience for everyone.
What will you do at PresenceLearning?
- Being involved in all stages of the SDLC
- Reviewing/commenting on product requirements and designs
- Writing test outlines, plans, and manual test scripts
- Verifying new product development meets product specifications and usability designs
- Writing data and test scripts for automated testing
- Help resolve escalated customer support issues
- Collaborating with project teams to deliver high quality features
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience doing software QA of web-based software systems that include GraphQL and relational database, e.g., MySQL
- Strong experience with modern browsers and debuggers
- Preferred experience with manual testing only and limited automation testing
- Work well autonomously, in cross-functional teams, and in a distributed workforce
- A startup-person: hands-on, proactive, sees their role as more than just a job
- As communication is key to conveying your test findings, you must have excellent writing skills in English
- Having a keen eye for details and patterns, as well as being analytical, creative, and imaginative about how the software should and shouldn't work--finding what shouldn’t be there
- Strong experience identifying test scenarios and writing manual test scripts
- Knowledge of WebRTC
- Experience leading others
- A track record of accomplishments
- Experience with WebSockets
- Experience with enterprise networks and firewalls
- Knowledge of web application security
- Some programming experience
- This role may be based in our NYC headquarters or may be remote from your home office
- Occasional travel may be required (post-COVID) for offsite meetings