Care Ring - Access Coordinator
The Access Coordinator supports the Care Ring mission of empowering individuals with limited resources to establish and maintain good health by connecting eligible clients with access to comprehensive, affordable medical care through enrollment in Physicians Reach Out and coordination of donated medical services.
PRO Eligibility Intake & Enrollment - 50%
- Completes program eligibility screening interviews and orients new clients to the Physicians Reach Out program
- Reviews completed application and all required supporting documentation to accurately determine program eligibility
- Schedules PRO eligibility interview appointments (Epic)
- Processes completed applications and creates and maintains accurate client files; enters and updates client information in fhases and Epic, as appropriate
- Assigns clients to participating PRO network provider, communicating enrollment information to both clients and assigned providers
- Communicates with clients regarding eligibility; refers non-eligible clients to other appropriate resources
- Accurately documents all client-related communication in fhases client record
Specialty Referral Coordination & Administrative Duties - 50%
- Coordinates the scheduling of referrals for assigned specialties, to include managing pending specialty referrals, maximizing commitment allocations, prioritizing urgent referral workflow per Care Ring protocol, communicating directly with referral coordinators at participating practices and sending medical records as needed
- Provides excellent customer service to participating PCP offices, specialty practices and Physicians Reach Out patients
- Accurately and completely documents all client-related communications in fhases client record
- Identifies and refers patients as needed to case management for additional support and wrap-around services
- Participates in outreach events to educate community about services offered at Care Ring.
- Performs other duties, responsibilities and special projects as assigned
- The Covid-19 vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
- Associates Degree will be considered with demonstrated experience and knowledge or equal amount of experience.
- Computer literacy in standard office and operating systems.
- Operate standards office equipment.
- Fluency in written and spoken Spanish.
- Public speaking experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical and insurance terminology preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting and with a diverse population preferred.
- Knowledge of barriers to health care for the low-income and/or uninsured population preferred.