Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a full time, exempt, Health Center Site Manager position based out of our Portland, ME health center. The Site Manager oversees all daily administrative and health center operations, manages and coordinates training of the health center staff, provides direct administrative & clinical back up support to staff working with patients to assist meeting their needs and reports to the executive management team on the improvement and overall functionality of the health center.
- Oversee all daily activities of the health center
- Become familiar with, and able to comfortably discuss (using appropriate language) all services provided by PPNNE, including all FDA-approved methods of birth control, STI testing and abortion
- Ensure the practitioner and HCA schedules match available appointments to patient needs and maximize program efficiency
- Increase patient satisfaction by ensuring that the health center systems deliver minimal wait times, increased access, and a sense of personal care
- Ensure that daily administrative procedures are completed correctly, including insurance billing, encounter form auditing, cash handling, and daily deposits.
- Manage patient complaints or sensitive patient situations and assist staff in directing these issues to a supervisor
- Coordinate communication within the site staff so that problems are identified and solved, changes are communicated, and priorities are clear
- Create the annual visit and expense budget, involving the team in planning and goal setting.
- Review critical indicators on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, spotting trends and planning interventions as needed
- Identify training needs for staff and ensure appropriate ongoing training happens
- Oversee inventory systems to ensure that all programs have sufficient amounts of appropriate medical supplies and unexpired medications
- Ensure that medical equipment is in good working order and that the physical space is clean, safe and inviting
- Ensure all required statistics about the site’s medical programs are submitted in a timely way
- Share decision-making, facilitate effective group processes, use data to analyze problems and evaluate solutions, focus on systems thinking, and foster a supportive, caring and professional atmosphere
- Ensure that Quality Assurance and Risk Management policies and procedures are implemented, including the submission of Occurrence Reports and patient complaints.
- Oversee security at the site, including quarterly emergency drills
- Establish relationships and network in the community to increase PPNNE’s visibility
- Ensure that all site staff understand PPNNE’s mission and that all site practices are consistent with our mission and management philosophy
- Incorporate customer satisfaction into all aspects of operations
- Support a culture where each team member takes responsibility for evaluating existing systems, helping to create new systems and influencing decision making as appropriate
- Support a culture where each staff person listens and contributes to department, site, and agency discussions and decision making as appropriate
- Demonstrate flexibility and teamwork, understand that staffing needs and schedules fluctuate, which will require flexible work schedules and/or additional work hours
- Related degree, certificate or diploma and3-5 years of health management or related supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Supervisory experience
- Demonstrates understanding of and comfort with all services provided by PPNNE
- Experience with medical program administration
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Commitment to a team orientation
- Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking, and a willingness to learn required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to operate all normal office equipment
- Ability to travel within PPNNE affiliate for trainings or meetings as appropriate
Compensation & Benefits
- The range of pay for this position is $70,000 - $75,000/yr depending on experience. Access to benefits are available such as health, dental, vision, paid time off as well as a retirement fund.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by clicking APPLY on our website at www.ppnne.org/jobs. Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer