Under the direction of the County Manager, the Policy Analyst Senior is an instrumental strategic partner providing the County Manager, County Council, staff and others in expert level research, analysis and communications on public policies..
- Research, analyze and communicate on public policies, laws, codes and funding regarding transportation, land use, environmental and/or other areas
- Assist, advise, and represent the Clark County Councilors policy decisions
- Provide highly responsible and complex support, as well as day-to-day support, to the County Council
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with the County Council, County staff, public, business community, local, regional, and Federal governments, and other organizations
- Prepare a variety of written correspondence on behalf of the County Council
- Prepare and present reports to a variety of stakeholders (e.g. County Council, planning commission, neighborhood association, etc.)
- Gather and analyze quantitative and qualitative information to support organizational and business planning, including, but not limited to, preparing strategic financial and feasibility studies, determine economic and financial impact of transportation, land-use or other projects, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major coursework in a related field of professional discipline (e.g. public or business administration, planning, environmental engineering, finance, economics, civil engineering.
- Minimum of five (5) years of increasingly responsible related professional experience, preferably in state or local government
- Master’s Degree may substitute for two (2) of the required years of experience.
- Any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Complexities of local government operations and applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Principles and practices of transportation planning, public finance, quantitative analysis, etc.
- Analysis and evaluation of policies, procedures, codes, public information and service delivery
- Local and state lawmaking processes and policy advocacy
- Economic development preferred
For complete job announcement, application requirements, and to apply on-line, please visit our website at:
Salary Grade: M2.824 $6,473.00 - $9,144.00- per month