Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Senior Engineer, Innovation Lab
The American Red Cross is looking for a seasoned Sr engineer to leverage cutting edge technology to build innovate solutions. This person will be part of the Innovation Lab focused on leveraging technology to help solve business problems, increase the donor experience and maximize ROI. Technologies used might include machine learning and natural language processing to build conversational interfaces, intelligent apps, virtual reality applications etc.
The initial focus of this role will be to build interfaces which leverage voice devices (Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Phone interfaces) as well as text interfaces (chat bots, Facebook IM, Mobile). Candidates with a depth of knowledge in developing training data for the conversational models that allow for a rich user experience would be ideal for this position.
- Produce, process and evaluate training data for the conversational interfaces.
- Work with other engineers to create new models for interaction with users.
- Research new technologies that can be leveraged in the creation of cutting edge interfaces.
- Testing and implementing these models in scalable, product-ready code.
- Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Science, Information Technology or related field Experience:
- A Minimum of 7 years required essential related experience.
- Expertise in producing, processing, evaluating and utilizing training data
- Knowledge of Microsoft AI and Cognitive Services (Speech, Vision), Amazon AI (Lex, Polly, Rekognition, Deep Learning), Google (Speech, Translation, Vision)
- Proven ability to tailor machine learning solutions to business problems in a cross functional team
- Programming in cloud services, preferably Microsoft Azure & Cognitive Services API
- Experience creating and interfacing with web services
- Familiarity with programming in other languages (e.g. C/C++, Matlab, Octave, R, Python) are an asset
- Exposure to mobile development, iOS and Android (Native, Xamarin)
- AWS Lambda Services, Microsoft microservices
- Comfortable working with agile production management tools and revision control
- Good understanding of JSON, XML and other data interchange formats
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and successfully apply them is essential
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights