This position performs a variety of duties. The Team Member I will inspect cheese quality, inspect bulk packaging, package the cheese, and ensure packaging quality.
NATURE AND SCOPE
The position reports to the Cheese Production Supervisor. No employees report to the position.
The Team Member I – Bulk Packager is responsible for the safe operation of the associated equipment and/or processes, the quality of incoming raw materials, the quality of the outgoing products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and safe work practices.
1. Maintain stock of boxes on the packaging line and inspect packaging materials for defects and report issues to the team lead, supervisors, or manager as applicable. 20%
2. Package the cheese into the tote and seal the bags. 25%
3. Inspect final cheese product for product quality and report issues to team lead, supervisor, or manager as applicable. 25%
4. Follow all applicable safety rules and regulations. 10%
5. Properly clean and sanitize all equipment following good manufacturing practices as required by company procedures, maintain housekeeping in area and maintain 5S standards. 10%
6. Document all lot numbers and pallet numbers of bag, box, liners, and stretch wrap used on the tracking logs. 10%
Knowledge and Skills
A minimum of 18 years old; ability to speak, read and write the English language; ability to evaluate and identify mechanical conditions and make adjustments or corrective action as necessary; ability to access elevated work areas such as climbing ladders/stairs; basic math skills to be able to perform mathematical functions; ability to understand and apply standard operating procedures; ability to wear required personal protective equipment and comply with all applicable safety practices; ability to maintain a clean work area according to good manufacturing processes.