Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Seeking an experienced professional to provide leadership and direction for corporate and Individual giving programs that secure philanthropic support for Red Cross annual campaign efforts, special projects and initiatives, sponsorships and fund-raising events. Annual revenue responsibility for this position exceeds $7 million.
The position will lead the fundraising strategy in Silicon Valley/Santa Clara County, CA area. Working closely with the Regional Chief Development Officer and the Silicon Valley CEO, the Director will interface with a regional and national team of experienced, motivated and collaborative professionals, charged with securing the vital resources necessary to advance one of America’s finest and oldest humanitarian organizations.
The Director will also directly supervise two individual fundraisers based in Silicon Valley. This person will have extensive leadership experience in for-profit businesses or non-profit fund development organizations, a proven track record, a significant contact base of decision makers or related demonstrable results, and the proven ability to lead a high-performance team of volunteers and Board members.
The successful candidate will build and sustain positive relationships with all stakeholders and will be responsible for managing a portfolio of high level corporate and individual major gift prospects and donors. The Director will develop and execute innovative strategies for personal face to face cultivation and solicitations. The Director will also manage and provide leadership and mentoring/coaching to staff and volunteer committees.
- Annual fund, campaign programs, expansion of existing accounts, focus on Technology and other high potential vertical markets, new revenue development, stewardship, corporate engagement
- Ensure fundraising success during non-disaster times.
- Be donor centric – listen, match corporate and individual goals with Red Cross goals
- Identify new corporate and major donor giving strategies, delivery channels, and market segments and develop goals and campaigns to capitalize on those opportunities
- Manage all aspects of corporate giving programs including solicitations, applications, benefit delivery, entertaining and recognition, in collaboration with Chapter and Philanthropy teams.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop materials and messaging to support each campaign/communication for corporate and individual donors.
- Work with senior leadership team to develop, analyze and forecast revenue for Silicon Valley Chapter donor giving
- Bachelor’s Degree required; graduate degree a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience in external senior management sales, business development or diverse non-profit fund development
- Demonstrated success managing portfolios of major individual and corporate prospects/accounts through the process of identification, cultivation, solicitation, closure, engagement/stewardship, up-selling
- Measurable record of accomplishment with six and seven figure customers and/or donor solicitations.
- Demonstrated success managing and building a team, including previous supervisory experience.
- Proven track record of creating and executing strategic development plans and programs that maximize support.
Skills and Abilities
- Mission driven
- Can-do, resilient, confident
- Organized to establish objectives/priorities and exceed goals
- Self-directed team member with the ability to coordinate many varied programs and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communicator and presenter with superior attention to detail
- Effective project manager with the ability to organize, prioritize, and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities
- Collaborative colleague with exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse volunteers, donors and staff across many disciplines and with varied perspectives
- Superior written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint, and SalesForce.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights