1. Strategy: Develops and executes ongoing strategy for qualifying donors to ensure retention, growth of donor contributions as well as recapture from previous donors. Works collaboratively with other departments and partners with development staff at the National Office to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospect.
2. Fundraising Targets and Portfolio Management: Manages an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects with intent to form deep relationships. Responsible for minimum annual fundraising goal tied to segmented or blended portfolio as specified in performance standards, including both renewable gifts and new incremental revenue. Develop donor management plans for entire portfolio resulting in strategic, knowledgeable and complex asks. Personally solicits assigned donor portfolio through face to face visits, including preparation of personalized materials. Revenue target may increase due to major domestic disasters.
3. Prospect Development: Implements programs/activities to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors at the $2,500 level or higher, with an emphasis on maximizing revenue for the American Red Cross. Works with community Board members and other leadership volunteers to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward appropriate donors. Identifies potential planned giving prospects among assigned donors and partners with Region’s assigned Gift Planning Officer to solicit those prospects. Updates donor records in region and/or district database and Salesforce.com following donor contacts.
4. Relationship Development: Develops ongoing relationships with major donors for the benefits of the American Red Cross. Accountable for cultivating relationships for individual fundraising, organizational fundraising or both as outlined below:
a. Individuals: Cultivates relationships with individual donors personally and by supporting volunteer leaders in peer-to-peer outreach, (if appropriate) using giving societies such as the Tiffany Circle Society of Women Leaders as a key program.
b. Organizations: Cultivates, solicits and stewards support from corporations and foundations to meet annual fundraising goals within their Regions. This includes assisting corporations in achieving their goals in strengthening their brand, marketing, and employee engagement by being proficient at clearly articulating Red Cross programs, listening to corporations’ needs and aligning programs to their interests, preparing grant proposals, and engaging foundation staff and foundation board members to cultivate and solicit support for the American Red Cross.
5. Other: Participates in disaster relief fundraising projects as appropriate. May oversee and have responsibility for staff development.
6. It is the responsibility of all Red Cross staff members to recruit, train and work with volunteers and to treat all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintain a cooperative atmosphere for everyone. It is expected that each member of the regional management team to work with a volunteer counterpart to ensure key volunteers are utilized and ensure depth within the function.
7. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the mission of the American Red Cross.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Advanced degree highly desirable.
Experience: Minimum three years sales and/or fundraising experience required. Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required.
A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required
Management Experience: None required.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
Travel: Requires frequent travel within the Region. The amount will vary depending upon size and geography of region.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights