Title: Data & Analytics Manager
Reports to: Director of Data and Analytics
Positions Reporting to this Position: None
Location: Washington, DC
The League of Conservation Voters (LCV) works to turn environmental values into national, state and local priorities. LCV, in collaboration with our state LCV partners, advocates for sound environmental laws and policies, holds elected officials accountable for their votes and actions, and elects pro-environment candidates who will champion our priority issues.
LCV’s work to protect and advocate for the environment is rooted in our commitment to racial, social and environmental justice. Communities of color are disproportionately impacted by climate change and pollution. For this reason, racial justice and equity are inextricably linked to protecting our environment. Within the organization, we are actively building a workplace culture that demonstrates how we value equity and inclusion through more intentional and inclusive practices. We are committed to building an organization that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
The Data & Analytics team utilizes data in the voter file to determine which voters and members of the general public are likely to be engaged on environmental issues, and maintains voter file information that permits the organization to educate the public and motivate supporters to become active civic participants. The Data & Analytics Manager will work with the Campaigns, Government Affairs, Membership and Online Engagement and Development departments as well as the state LCVs to develop and oversee data and targeting related activities on issues and elections. We are seeking a strategic thinker who can help LCV and its sister organization, LCV Education Fund, utilize data and analytics to engage the public on environmental issues across the country and build support for environmental priorities.
- Serve as the main point of contact for state league partner organizations with questions about voter files and targeting.
- Assist state league partners in establishing program and targeting goals, including identifying and coordinating opportunities for program data analysis.
- Manage state league data requests and provide data management assistance to state league partners as needed.
- Generate, manage and track voter, membership and volunteer lists for LCV and LCVEF programs, including mailings and online outreach, in a fast-paced campaign setting.
- Work with the Membership and Online Engagement and Development departments to synchronize data across departments.
- Manage relationships with voter file, data, analytics and technology vendors, and serve as a liaison to other organizations that LCV and LCVEF work closely with on data-related issues.
- Clean data and prepare lists to upload and export into the database(s).
- Maintain records describing the quality and quantity of available data.
- Create reports providing strategic insight for the Campaigns team about our volunteer base and voter contacts.
- Assist in designing voter outreach and volunteer retention experiments.
- Analyze demographic and socioeconomic trends in membership, volunteer, and voter data and recommend measures to expand stakeholder diversity.
- Analyze racial, gender and economic justice impact of government policies and programs on LCV’s stakeholders and population at-large.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required - 3-4 years or 2 election cycles of related experience on issue or electoral campaigns, or with organizations focused on voter contact, data management or data analytics. Must have worked in at least one data management role in a campaign setting. Experience with responding to data requests, troubleshooting problems, and providing data-driven strategic guidance to multiple internal and external stakeholders in different geographic locations. Experience with designing, delivering and organizing data skills or data management trainings. Experience with creating regular reports highlighting key metrics for internal and external stakeholders. Preferred - Experience with or interest in randomized-controlled experiments. Experience with how modeling is utilized in campaigns.
- Skills: Required - Strong data management and analysis skills; demonstrated ability to communicate technical findings and concepts to non-technical audiences; able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment without sacrificing quality of work; highly motivated, curious and collaborative; Expert-level experience with VAN, MiniVAN or other voter contact tools; Experience with creating or managing relational databases and knowledge of SQL; Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Preferred - Proficient with Catalist, Civis or other voter file platforms and campaign data management tools; Experience with a statistical programming language such as R, Stata, SAS or SPSS; Experience with Python or GIS.
- Cultural Competence: Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization, integrating justice and equity into the work we do and ensuring an inclusive organizational culture. Commitment to environmental justice and mission of LCV.
- Conditions: Ability to work overtime with little notice; able to work hours exceeding stated office hours to get the job done during peak election season. This position is based in Washington, D.C.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Data & Analytics Manager” in the subject line by September 19, 2019. No phone calls please.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.