Technical Project Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Midtown Atlanta
First Performance develops the next generation of account controls and digital engagement using the latest technologies: AI/machine learning, geolocation, chatbots, and more. Our API platform enables financial institutions to empower their cardholders to use, manage, and control their finances digitally. We’re a global company headquartered in Midtown Atlanta’s hub of technology and innovation.
Everyone at First Performance brings purpose and passion to work every day. Our teams are small, dedicated and collaborative. Individuals are given ownership and accountability for their work. Our company is not just about technology, it’s about people. We help employees build great careers and live great lives. Our goals are about achieving success for our customers and for our company. If you love to invent, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and strive for operational excellence, we want you on our team!
The technical project manager position will be responsible for the implementation and management of new projects and initiatives for new and existing external clients as well as the management of the internal integrated master schedule. The technical project manager role requires exemplary organizational skills, a strong technical background with an eye for problem solving, excellent client and project management skills, and the ability to lead technical teams and resources. Successful candidates must be action-oriented, capable of driving solutions to technical problems, and able to communicate clearly and effectively to both technical and business stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technical Project Management
- Fluent Spanish Speaking Required
- Act as main point of contact for assigned client-facing projects from inception to closure, including supporting the client with platform integration and testing and providing client training
- Supporting the client with platform integration and testing, including performing code review and database queries.
- Work closely with Tech Leads to ensure excellence in project delivery and ongoing customer support activities
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation
- Assist in reviewing proposed modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement beneficial changes
- Manage projects with top-down oversight throughout entire execution to ensure success as defined by adherence to standards of scope, budget and timeline
- Execution and successful delivery of customer-facing documents including SOWs and business requirements
- Maintain a high sensitivity and standard for the customer experience throughout all aspects of the project and ongoing support lifecycle
- Provide ongoing support and troubleshooting after go-live and maintain positive relationships with the customer's technical/operations team
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions and implement efficiency improvements
Integrated Master Schedule
- Monitor Integrated Master Schedule with a focus on internal and external dependencies, as well as identify critical paths and roadblocks toward successful execution
- Act as product owner for client facing deliverables and assist in setting and tracking internal priorities with Development, Infrastructure and QA teams
- Support product owners of internal initiatives with tracking priorities and goals
- Track and report mis-scoped and under-scoped work, including identifying undefined elements and lack of adequacy in requirements
- Understand the dependencies between pieces of work and find the associated critical path and roadblocks
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent related industry experience
- 3+ years technical project management experience including managing projects from start to finish, preferably in a financial tech environment
- Understanding of database structure and ability to perform SQL database queries, phpMyAdmin knowledge preferred
- Organizational skills including time and resource management, scheduling, and coordinating meetings
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical skills to effectively research solutions, problem solve, and define business processes, and the ability to make suggestions to business leaders
- Ability to interpret technical solutions for business process and procedure and be able to effectively communicate it to the client
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- In-depth understanding of SDLC tools including Jira and the Atlassian product suite
- Experience leading a project team, keeping team focused and discussions moving forward, resolve conflicts with both internal and external stakeholders
- Willing to travel internationally for on-site meetings with clients (< 5% of time)
First Performance provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members.
- Paid Time Off
- Work from Home Options