$12.89 / hour; on-call positions available (up to 28 hours/week).
James City County's nationally accredited and gold medal award winning Parks & Recreation Department is seeking an individual with outstanding customer service to assist visitors of the James City County Recreation Center. Position includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Assist in a variety of customer service functions including, but not limited to, greeting patrons as they enter the facility; issuing visitors passes; collecting fees; answering telephones; monitoring basketball players in the gym; providing Center and class information and ensuring proper registration.
- Ensures Center rules and safety standards are followed.
- Prepares, maintains, and submit accurate count and records of money for current and next shift.
- Assist in training new staff.
- Sweep and mop lobby area and locker rooms as necessary.
- Any combination of education equivalent to a high school diploma.
- Must possess and maintain, or be able to obtain within six months of hire, CPR certification from the American Red Cross.
- Some work experience in assisting the public, general record keeping, and handling money.
Click here for full job description. Accepting applications until positions are filled.
Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov