Harvard Graduate School of Education
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Manager of Technology and Media, Teaching and Learning Lab, and situated within Academic Affairs, this position manages the discovery, exploration, prototyping, piloting, evaluating, and reporting of emerging and established technologies and platforms. In collaboration with learning designers, s/he promotes and facilitates the effective and sustainable use of technology in teaching and learning via consultation, needs assessment, and systematic evaluation. S/he serves as technical expert for supported platforms via deep understanding of affordances and limitations of various configurations and an evolving insight into the learner's experience.
Design and Development
- In collaboration with a learning design team, promotes and facilitates the effective and sustainable use of technology in teaching and learning via client consultation, needs assessment, implementation, and systematic evaluation.
- Determines and applies sound pedagogical strategies to a diverse set of educational experiences and learners.
- Provides expertise in the support of interactive and collaborative online learning experiences through the use of synchronous and asynchronous approaches.
- Creatively problem solves by prioritizing and framing technological solutions and approaches to enable innovative learning design and realistic production.
- Works cross-functionally with developers to advise on the production of video content, digital assets, and learning objects in technology enhanced learning experiences.
- Combines a creative approach to educational challenges and diplomatically collaborates across a matrix of project team members.
- Serves as technical expert for supported platforms by establishing comprehensive knowledge of tool functionality, deep understanding of affordances and limitations of various configurations, and an evolving insight into the learner's experience.
Innovation, Emerging Technologies, and Research
- Assumes a human-centered design approach that focuses on user experience, iterative development, and rigorous assessment.
- Balances competing demands inherent in innovation to facilitate purposeful experimentation and ensure deliverability.
- Assesses and evaluates new technologies; establishing pilot programs as needed
- Maintains deep knowledge of industry trends and ongoing market developments in innovative online teaching platforms, tools, and environments.
- Champions innovative practices that enable the team to quickly produce, continuously improve, effectively collaborate, and rigorously assess.
- Translates design-based principles into actionable paradigms and support team members in integrating these practices throughout the TLL portfolio.
Documentation and Analytics
- Responsible for developing proposals and functional prototypes.
- Identifies,develops,and assesses documentation and best practices to improve and enhance the work of the team.
- Manages content for TLL website.
- Identify and hire several student workers to contribute to TLL initiatives.
- Train and support student workers.
- Assign weekly duties and oversee progress on an ongoing basis.
This is a 1- year position with the possibility of renewal
For complete job details please visit : https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25240&siteid=5341&jobId=1309812#jobDetails=undefined