OVERALL DUTIES SUMMARY:
· Managing Multiple Commercial Glazing Projects at one time. Projects located throughout Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC.
· Planning, Directing, Coordinating, and Budgeting of Glazing Activities on multiple projects at one time. This includes submittals, managing contract documents, purchase of materials, tracking change orders, and processing monthly billings. Projects range in size from $10,000 to $10,000,000 million.
· Maintain good working relationships with customer/general contractors and co-workers.
· Bring projects within budget.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS including but not limited to:
· Manages all aspects of the project including contractual, planning, budget management, manufacturing, installation, and close-out. Provides strong leadership and guidance to field superintendents.
· Monitors and tracks project schedule and budget; prepares and manages change orders.
· Oversees all project labor (shop, field, subcontractors, professional services) necessary to deliver the project on time and on budget.
· Excellent mathematical skills including application and use in problem solving.
· Be able to communicate with our customers in a positive manner.
· Have good written & email skills. High degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
· Generate take-offs and orders for material procurement for projects.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: :
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the commercial glazing industry as a Project Manager or Estimator.
· Be very familiar with glazing systems and methods including Curtainwall, Storefront, Windows, Custom Entrances and more.
· Be very familiar with manufactures such as Kawneer, YKK, OldCastle, Efco, Viracon, more.
· Be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Minimum of 3 years AutoCAD or FastCAD experience.
· Be familiar and able to interpret blueprints, architectural drawings, and shop drawings.
· Must have valid driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work in a variety of physical positions, including sitting, standing, walking, and driving.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job.
· Regular exposure to all weather conditions, especially hot, humid and/or rainy spring, summer and fall weather, combined with regular work time indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
· Assume responsibility for work outcomes and results of other workers.
· May be exposed to uncomfortable or distracting sounds or noise levels on sites of projects being managed or coordinated.
· When working on site, will be required to wear common protective or safety equipment, such as safety shoes, glasses, and gloves, hearing protection, hard hats or safety vests and safety harnesses.
- Excellent Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- 401K w/ Employer Match
- 100% Employee Owned Company (Employee Stock)