Chief Executive Officer
Company: New Orleans Regional Transit Authority
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Job Status: Full-Time
The Regional Transit Authority in New Orleans is a political subdivision of the State of Louisiana charged with providing safe, efficient, and reliable public transportation in the City of New Orleans and the surrounding parishes. The Regional Transit Authority was created by state legislation in 1979 and commenced operation in 1983. For the first time in the agency’s history, we are building a robust, in-house staff to manage the day-to-day affairs of the agency. The Chief Executive Officer is the primary executive of the Regional Transit Authority.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Regional Transit Authority reports to and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Commissioners of the RTA. The Chief Executive Officer serves the Authority pursuant to R.S. 48:1655 and is responsible for coordination and oversight of the daily business of the Authority as well as its staff, vendors, and contractors.
• Active, general management of the business of the Authority, consistent with the purposes, goals, and the policies of the Authority as expressed in the actions of the Board, and the law under which the Authority is organized.
• Oversight and coordination of all administrative and operational units of the Authority, inclusive of vendors, consultants, and contractors performing services for and on behalf of the Authority.
• Serving as the primary representative of the Authority at public hearings and meetings, advisory boards and committees, and when dealing with other governmental agencies and the public.
• General management, superintendence, direction, and evaluation of employees of the Authority.
• Reporting to the Board and its committees on the operations of the Authority, the progress of its projects, and upon all other Authority matters which may be of concern to the Board.
• Reviewing all monthly progress estimates of the vendors, consultants, contractors, and others doing business with the Authority and taking such action as is required, including approval of payment.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, public policy or administration, urban planning, transportation, engineering, or a closely related field.
• Twelve (12) years of progressively more responsible professional experience in government administration, including at least five (5) years of experience as a senior executive of a municipal or state public transit department or agency, which includes oversight and management of public transit operations, short-range and long-term planning, budget development and monitoring, public and media relations, human resource management and development, and intergovernmental program and/or policy development.
• A Master’s Degree or other graduate degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics, public policy or administration, urban planning, transportation, engineering, or a closely related field highly preferred.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience. Also, evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
• Personal Interview
• Verification of education and experience
• Reference check
• Criminal Background Check
• Credit History Report
• Current Motor Vehicle Report
• Medical Examination including drug and alcohol screening
Salary and Benefits
• To be determined based on qualifications.
The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, and physical or mental disability. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
Please apply before 5:00 PM CDT May 13, 2019.
To apply for this position, send electronic versions of your resume and cover letter to:
Ms. Deslie Isidore
2817 Canal Street
New Orleans, LA 70119-6301