We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 5 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
Responsible for greeting and helping primary care patients; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes patients and visitors in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Presents a professional front office environment for all patients and visitors in appearance, manner, and quality of work at all times.
- Registers patients in eClinicalWorks according to clinical protocol.
- Confirm medical health appointments on the schedule of the following day.
- Checks/Verifies patients insurance eligibility/ sliding fee status two days prior to and at each visit
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling/registering patients appointments in eClinicalWorks in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Ensures the waiting area is maintained neat and well organized.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients anxieties; answers patients question or refers them to the appropriate clinical staff; maintains the reception area.
- Maintains patient accounts in eClinicalWorks by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining strictest confidentiality of personal and financial information; adhering to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Ensures clinic flow by being an active team member.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
High school diploma or GED required, AA degree preferred. At least two (2) years experience working in a medical office or similar environment. Bilingual in English/Spanish required. Knowledgeable about insurance plans as well as Medi-cal/Medicare.
Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of electronic health records - eClinicalWorks preferred.
- Must be extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Must have excellent communications and written skills
- Strong telephone etiquette
- Must have a courteous, professional nature and customer service oriented
- Must maintain a strict discipline in time management with a focus on quality
- Knowledgeable about insurance plans, Medi-Cal / Medicare
- Good computer and typing skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an office position that requires only occasional bending, reaching, stooping, lifting and moving of office materials weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper.
COVID-19 and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/veteran
To apply go to aplahealth.org or click on the link below:
$21.20 - $24.91. Salary is commensurate with experience.